Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April Showers . . . bring new rain gear and lots of puddles!

I've been so excited for the rain to come simply because I found the cutest new rain boots for Ra at zhan lan guan (john lawn gwan, like swan, but with a g:) I was seriously torn as to weather to buy the plain pink and green ones or the cute pink ones with white polka dots . . . and I couldn't believe that I had such a choice! Usually the choice is something more along these lines . . . "do I buy the pink ones with the strange japanese anime cartoon shooting guns on it or the blue ones with a goofy frog and horrid English on it?" but this time, oh THIS time it was an amazingly wonderfully hard choice to make for real! At 35 yuan (about $5 US) I should have just bought both, one a size up for next year so I can avoid the cartoons and bad English for another year. . . hmmm, not a bad idea, there may be a quick trip back to the store scheduled soon!

Anyway, she had tons of fun when she got off the school bus and there had been a whole day of rain for puddle-making in our courtyard . . . so we took the long way home and hit all the good puddles. When we got home and took off her boots, about 2 quarts of water poured out of each one! EEK! But it was fun!



What a fun day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one of the greatest memories of my life is teaching my kids that it's FUN to play in the rain!! glad you have that special memory to cherish! Love ya sis!