Monday, April 14, 2008

Field trip to Ocean World


So we had our first field trip. Rachel was SOOO excited for the entire week before the trip. Finally, like two days before, I realized she thought they were going to the OCEAN . . . ah, a little different, sweet girl, but still pretty cool... she wasn't too disappointed, at least when she found out she would be able to see lots and lots of sea animals we'd never see at the ocean. It made up for the loss of beaches and sandcastles I guess :)



Ra posing with the giant penguin outside the entrance. Really great, except she was quite disappointed when we saw the actual penguins inside . . . she thought they were baby penguins.

Not a great shot, but she was being enchanted by the walrus doing "nose stands" for all the folks.


I remember seeing my first seahorse and being amazed at how small they are! Loved it!

She love, love, loved the tunnel! how exciting to see sharks, stingrays and seals swim overhead! We had an absolutely fabulous day. I love this part of being a mommy. . . she still wants me to come with her on field trips and hang out with me the whole time. Soon this will not be so and I will need to cling to these memories to get me through . . . She is such a blessing . . . such a joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't fret yet... you might just get lucky and find that you have a blessed child like my three who still like to have me around even as teenagers!! And my kids were much older when we got to see the ocean aquarium in TN but I'll tell you we all are in agreement with Ra -- that tunnel is pretty dang awesome!