Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Chinese New Year or Chun Jie (Spring Festival Holiday)

Since we are just trying to "catch up" with you here....i will not droan on and on about Chinese New Year and what an amazingly different and beautiful and culturally deep time of year this is for China . . . but I will share a couple of pictures from our hua yuan (apartment complex) and our cute darling of a girl dressed up in her Chinese New Year outfit for school. (It's kind of like the "easter dress" tradition we have in the States . . . kids get new Chun Jie clothes to wear on the first day of the new year.)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Courtney W said...

Joneses! I miss you guys a LOT and I'm really sorry that I've been such a bad friend... I haven't talked to you since I accidentally called before we left this summer. I would love for y'all to email me at cbw6383@aol.com so I can have your email too! I love you guys!