Sunday, December 09, 2007

Putting up Rachel's tree

We always said that when we had kids we wanted to have a tree especially for them to decorate however and with whatever they wanted. Aww, isn't that just so June Cleaver-ish? Yeah, that's what my friends think when they see that Rachel has her very own tree in her room to decorate, however, since we are such close friends, I'll let you in on a little secret . . . I just like my Christmas tree . . . and I don't like candy canes on it, I don't like popcorn strung on it, I don't like beautifully colored angels and santa's from art class on it, I don't like cute paper chains of red and green on it . . . I'm particular about the tree I get to sit and look at in the dark with a cup of hot chocolate after Ra has gone to bed. However, lest you think me a grinch, or christmas tree snob, I DO love to do those things and put them on trees . . . other trees. So, to solve the delimma, Rachel got her very own Christmas tree (50 yuan) to put in her room and we can decorate it all season long as the mood strikes . . . so far we have balls, as you can see, an angel, santa and a couple of decorated sugar cookies hanging from ribbon (but they taste too good to put too many on!)


Rachel drew some christmas pictures to display under her tree
Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus (mary is the one with long hair she informs us. Dad says it's when she saw the angel maybe?)

and a merry christmas tree

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember a few, less than perfecr, tree decorations during the 70's Love youall Dad

Anonymous said...

Merry Late Christmas!!! We love you guys!! - Stephen, Shandi & Lycan