Friday, November 09, 2007

A New Wall for Mommy!

Finally. One year and three months in. I have color in my home . . . not just curtains, bed covers and such, but I have bonifide COLOR on my walls! This may be small to many of you (and a little slow to some of our friends here in China) however, both cities we have lived in it has been some kind of strange alien-like desire to want to have color on your walls...so we did it. We went to "paint street" we looked at the colors, we said I like this one, they said, it's not very pretty, so I said I like it anyway, it matches my room, they said it's not very pretty for a wall, and I said I'll take a whole can of it.

It's a little more "burgandy" than I had hoped, less "ruby" but it's nice. It's colorful. It's warm. And it makes our big living room with with wood floors and a HUGE entertainment center/wall look much cozier.

Cozier home, happier mom....and all is right in our world.

What'dya think? (If you say it's not a good color for a wall, save it, I've heard it before!) ;)






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, I'd say Ra gets lost in your color scheme... could be fun for hide and seek, though. haha I had fun painting the girl's rooms with them... they have fun painting and I don't have to do all the work! gonna have to get that child a ladder though... her arms aren't near long enough. ;-)

ForTheLove17 said...

Well, well, how posh! :)

Yeah, there's nothing quite like finding that 'Je ne sais quoi' that makes a room just right-- Even if it happens to be something crazy like a little ruby paint on the walls. :)

I'm so glad you all are comfy and cozy.

Love you and miss you!

~Natalie

Anonymous said...

I thought basic blaaa looked pretty good. I guess we will have to come check it out....about 2010 Love Ya Dad

Daniel said...

La - Red is my FAVORITE color for walls - and such a great color for Good Fortune in our fair land, eh? Looks fantastic - can't wait to see it in person, when we descend in oh, 3 more days! Are you sure you are ready?!?!?!? Sara

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the wall and the whole look of your living room. Exciting that your landlords actually let you paint something dark!

Can you believe we've been in this house at Kirksville for 5 years! Emma's ceiling paint is starting to fall off, which reminded us it might be time to redo--since hers was the first room we painted. The ceiling will probably have to be replastered like we did in the living room/dining room! But we LOVe house projects.

And now we have a whole new house to decorate, since we had the international house donated to us. Lots of fun!