Monday, July 02, 2007

Something to Wonder About



OK, there are alot of reasons that I love living in China . . . not the least of which is the wonderful concept they have of "song"ing things when you buy something. "song" is the word for "free", but its a verb . . . sometimes. (ex: I "song" you this thing) For example, last winter I bought a sweater, when I went to pay, they asked me to choose a scarf from a small selection they had at the counter. Granted, none of them went with my sweater, but hey! If you know me, you know that I'm all about free stuff!

So it has now become our mission to find the strangest combination of "song"ed things...this is not even close to some of the really strange matches, but we found it particularly interesting because it came packaged this way, unlike most "song"ed things in a store. Usually they are random items (ex: a bag of potato chips and a bottle of shampoo) bound together with packaging tape, but not so this time...the battery people actually thought about this and decided that song-ing toothpaste with AA batteries was a grand idea. Hmmm....we decided that maybe they were pushing for people to use those electric toothbrushes. In that case, way to go...but with the track record I've seen so far, I'm thinking that's probably not the case.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for the electric toothbrushes you dingbat :P

btw great blog site :D

yes I read, I just forget sometimes untill Jerry reminds me with the update email to read the blogs ....DUH