Saturday, March 03, 2007

Hainan Part Two: Monkey Island

A short sky tram ride from Hainan is an island filled with monkeys running free. I have been on a quest for years to see a wild monkey and in one day I hit the monkey mother-load. There weren't only thousands of wild monkeys but wild monkeys who played basketball and rode motorcycles. There were monkey swimming pools, monkey stage shows and even a monkey prison for monkeys who broke monkey laws.

















Insert joke here about LaWanda getting the monkey
off her back

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Miss Rachel that her cousin Andrea will be wanting an explicit detailed account of playing with the monkeys... after all, they are her obsession. :-)

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure of the best way to get the news to you .. but I we found out today that we're having a boy!! It will be be the first baby boy in the family since you (Uncle Jerry)!! I just wanted to share in the excitement ... I love you guys!

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LW - You KNOW how I love you. But the pictures with the monkeys take it to a whole new level. You are an amazing mom, fantastic wife and the Amelia Earhart of modern adventurers. So glad you enjoyed the "Hawaii of China!" ... looking forward to a cup of caramel mocha something when we get to Beijing next weekend!
Sara

Anonymous said...

oh, i wish i could have gone to see the monkeys with you. i love monkeys. my mom's right they are my obsession. tell Rachel and Uncle Jerry i said hi. i love you all!

~andrea