Friday, July 21, 2006

Keeping up with the Joneses

Keeping up with the Joneses

Well, our time here in Colorado is now coming to a close. It is truly amazing to me that we still have room in our hearts for more relationships since we know that this means more good-byes . . . but apparently we do! We have made some dear, dear friends in our three weeks here. Actually, we have even betrothed our Rachel to a very sweet, sweet spirited boy named Noah! We have fallen in love with him (and his parents) while being here. My philosophy is that you can never choose a son-in-law who loves you too much . . .

Seriously, though, we have connected deeply with several of our cohorts here in Colorado. The Kennedys (Noahs family), the Ernos and the Clarks. I am hoping that as you read this you can also see pictures of all of them . . . I'm not great at this blogging thing yet. As I type this I am watching a video of all our kids and all the fun they had during these three weeks . . . tears fill my eyes at the good-byes we are going to say today. In the words of my dear friend Mande, "Are you freaking kidding me? We have to say goodbye today?!"

Next you hear from us we will be on Chinese soil . . . How exciting!

No comments: